Turmeric is a versatile herb that’s been used for centuries in Eastern and Ayurvedic medicine. It can help reduce inflammation, balance the immune system, and support natural detoxification processes. The challenge for many is the strong flavor, and typically people don’t use enough of it in cooking to make a difference!
This turmeric tea contains a full, therapeutic dose of turmeric and it’s spiciness is nicely balanced by the sweetness of the honey and cinnamon. It takes just a few minutes (and six ingredients) to make. Try this as a delicious alternative to caffeinated beverages like coffee and traditional teas!
- 10-12 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup, or a few drops of liquid stevia
- Small pinch of black pepper– helps with absorption of turmeric
- Powdered ginger to taste (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Transfer to sauce pans or microwaveable mug and heat to desired temperature