Adopting a healthier lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t eat dessert! I teach clients to focus on moderation and finding healthier spins on recipes they still truly ENJOY.
These chocolate chip bars are one of my favorite healthier treats. They are lower sugar and free of all major allergens, including wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, and nuts (provided you use the Sunbutter and not a nut butter).
- 1 can organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour (you can make this yourself by grinding oats in the food processor)
- ¼ cup organic ground flax
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup Sunbutter (cashew or almond butter also work)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life semi- sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Drain and rinse beans well
- Blend all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) in a food processor until smooth
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Transfer to a greased 8×8 baking pan and bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool, slice into square/rectangle bars, and enjoy!