This Paleo Italian Wedding Soup is the perfect Fall comfort food! It’s quick and easy, and packed with veggies for extra nutrient density. This dish is gluten/dairy free, grain free, paleo, Whole30, and keto friendly.
Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef or bison
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2-3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups organic beef or chicken bone broth
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (use a food processor or grater to create the “rice” or you can buy it packaged/frozen at the grocery store)
- 2 cups chopped kale and/or spinach
- Optional add ins: crushed red pepper flakes, fresh lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef/bison, basil, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions, carrots, celery, and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add beef/bison mixture and saute until lightly cooked. Add cauliflower rice and kale/spinach and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring, until greens have wilted.
- Add the broth. Allow it to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow ingredients to fully cook.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and additional herbs to taste. If using fresh lemon juice, add this at the end of cooking, or directly into serving bowls.