Looking for a healthier spin on stuffing that doesn’t sacrifice flavor? Try this Paleo stuffing made with all whole food ingredients! This recipe is super nutrient dense, gluten/dairy free, and compliant with Paleo, Whole30, and Keto eating plans. Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1 cup pecans or almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spread pecans on a baking sheet and place in the oven until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. (Keep a close eye on the pecans to ensure they do not burn)
- Remove pecans from the oven. Add the pecans to a food processor. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and celery and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pecans, cauliflower rice, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for 7 -10 minutes, until “rice” is tender.
- Toss with parsley and serve hot. Add additional salt and pepper, if desired.