Desserts can be a challenge for those with food allergies/sensitivities, or really anyone trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle. These macaroons are free of major allergens and sweetened with honey instead of refined sugar. They also contain plenty of fiber and healthy fat to help slow the blood sugar spike common with most desserts. This recipe is perfect for your next holiday gathering, or any time you’re craving something sweet!
• 2 cups unsweetened, fine-shredded, organic coconut
• 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tablespoon coconut flour
• 1/8 teaspoons salt
• 1/8 teaspoons baking soda, aluminum free
• 1 and 1/4 cups canned/pureed pumpkin (no sugar added)
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 cup organic honey
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place another cookie sheet under the first one. This will help to keep the bottoms of the cookies burning.
• In a large bowl, combine together all seven of the dry ingredients.
• Add the rest of the wet ingredients directly to dry. Mix dough until ingredients are well combined.
• Using a rounded tablespoon (measuring spoon), scoop up a spoonful of dough, then drag the spoon on the side of the bowl to pack it down and make the bottom of the cookies flat.
• Tap the spoon on countertop, letting the cookie fall into your hand, then place it on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough. (Note: You may be able to scoop it directly into your hand)
• Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool and set before removing from pan (they may fall apart while warm)