This one pan meal is about as easy as they come. I use a large cast iron skillet, and often double the batch for leftovers since this tastes great reheated! This recipe is AIP/Whole30 friendly, and naturally free of all major allergens. If you choose to use store bought sausage, make sure it’s organic and preservative free.
- 2 large yams or sweet potatoes (diced into small cubes)
- 1 lb organic chicken or turkey sausages (Aidell’s, Applegate, True Story, or Sabatino brands)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper (omit for strict AIP) to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Dice onions and finely chop garlic and add to pan. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add yams/sweet potatoes and saute until tender (make sure cubes are small and even, otherwise they will cook very slowly)
- Add sausages the last 5-10 minutes of cooking and saute until browned on the outside. For strict AIP or those with allergies to herbs/spices, you can swap the store bought sausages for ground chicken/turkey and add seasonings that work with your plan.
- Top with a fried egg (optional), serve, and enjoy!